Monday, November 18, 2013

First Official Book Launch

A couple of months ago I had a book release party with some of my fiancee's family, and that was great and exciting.  Having that type of support is absolutely necessary, and knowing that there are people willing to host a party or drive to an event for you is certainly motivating.  But still I have yet to have an official and public book launch.  That will all change on Saturday, the 23rd.

I don't really know what to expect.  I don't even know how many people might be coming.  All I know is that marketing the book has had some serious ups and downs--most of the downs coming before I hired my fiancee as my agent, and most of the ups coming after that fateful event.  The very fact that I am having a book launch (at Harvest Cafe, Hudson, MA) is because of the hard work of my fiancee and my mother: one being my agent, the other my semi-agent.  I'm very excited, then, to have a book launch, but more excited that I've discovered a formula for marketing and publishing: have an agent!

My next post will be much more exciting, on the need of finding an agent, but for now I just wanted to document on my blog that I'm having a public book launch.  Since this blog is about the journey to writing fame, I figure such documentation is worthwhile, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment