Sunday, February 9, 2014

High Praise for Created Human Divinity

With the publication of my second book, Created Human Divinity: A Theology of Empowerment Developed Through Dialogue, I am proud to share with you a review of the book by Dr. R. Kendall Soulen, Professor of Systematic Theology at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, D.C.  Soulen says this about my book:

"Few distinctions are more fundamental to classical Christian theology 
than that between God and creation.  In this remarkable book John Lucy 
 challenges this fundamental distinction, proposing that Christians should 
reckon instead with the category of created human divinity.  Lucy is to be 
commended for the remarkable range of theologians he engages, and for 
making his case with boldness and clarity.  Good scholarship makes us 
think, and Created Human Divinity does just that."

If that doesn't make you want to buy and read the book, I don't know what will.

I am thankful for and honored by Soulen's high praise.  And what he says gets at the core of what I try to do in my writing, particularly in Created Human Divinity: regardless of whether or not what I write/say resonates with you or with my readers in general, my hope and my prayer is that it provokes my readers into reflection and thought--reflection and thought that then lead to deeper and more intentional means of living.

I hope that you will decide to purchase the book here and read it.  More importantly, I hope and pray that in reading you will be empowered to live more fully into God's designs for you or, if you don't believe in God, to live more fully into your own path.

No comments:

Post a Comment