Saturday, March 22, 2014

Wedding Congratulations!!

As far as I'm concerned, when you are a writer and a friend gets married, and you are unable to attend the wedding, you have two options: 1) write a letter, or 2) use your social media to send out congratulations.  To be honest, the recipient of these congratulations would probably prefer a letter, but when I sat down to write a letter no words would come.  Ahh!  No words would come?  That's never a good thing in my life, but these past few weeks have been sleepless and so I excuse myself (plus, I only gave myself thirty minutes to write the letter, which isn't enough time for me).  I couldn't very well write a letter that read, "I can't think of anything to say.  Congratulations."  Instead I share my congratulatory elation with the entire world to say, 1) the fact that I couldn't think of anything to say in the letter is proof of how happy I am for you; and 2) see how special you are, that I congratulate you on my website.

I won't use names to protect privacy and all, but CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!  You surely know who you are.

And may this be a special moment for all my fans, as few of you as there may be.  If you want me to share some awesome news in your life with the world, I will be more than happy to.  John H.D. Lucy is at your service.  Seriously: my life is dedicated to the joy of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment