Sunday, April 6, 2014

Albert D. Lawton's Fiddler(s) on the Roof

Writing to Live... what is the "live" part all about?  Maybe one day I will be famous enough to arrogantly claim johnhdlucy.com as my website, but even then I will still declare that my mission is writing to live.  Why?

Living is so significant, so spiritual, so religious of an action that almost all of us forget to do it.  In its fullest and most true sense, living is about experiencing an unending and unconquerable joy, laughter, sense of meaning, power, love, hope and peace.  That is what I try to guide others to experiencing, and I am ever grateful to those who help us experience moments of true living.  We should all be forever grateful for those moments and for the people that aid us in piercing the meaning of life.

It is in honor of some of those folk that I write this.  A number of the students that I tutor were in a middle-school production of Fiddler on the Roof over the weekend at Albert D. Lawton in Essex Junction, VT.  Fiddler on the Roof is my favorite play/musical/opera/whatever, and seeing some of my students perform their hearts out was quite a blessing.  I won't name names, but they were all awesome.  Every student in the production, really, was amazing, and enabled the audience to experience the fullness of living through joy and laughter. 

From a middling local author to the students of Albert D. Lawton, congratulations and thank you!!  Your performance allowed all of us to fully live for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment